What You Need to Know About GOTS Certified Clothing

What You Need to Know About GOTS Certified Clothing

If you're looking for sustainable fashion options, you've probably come across the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certification. But what does it really mean, and why should you care?

GOTS is a certification system that sets strict environmental and social standards for the entire textile supply chain, from harvesting of raw materials to the labeling of finished products. GOTS certified clothing must contain at least 95% organic fibers, and the remaining 5% must meet strict environmental and social criteria.

GOTS certification ensures that your clothing is made with organic materials that are free from harmful chemicals, pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers. This not only protects your health but also the health of the people involved in the production of the clothes and the environment. Organic cotton, for example, uses significantly less water and reduces the amount of hazardous chemicals released into the air and waterways.

In addition, GOTS certification requires compliance with social standards such as fair labor practices, safe working conditions, and the right to collective bargaining. This means that the people involved in making your clothes are treated fairly and have a voice in their workplace.

By choosing GOTS certified clothing, you're supporting a more sustainable and ethical fashion industry. Plus, GOTS certified products are often high-quality and long-lasting, like our Slow Down Hoodie. That means you'll get more wear out of them and reduce your overall environmental footprint.

Back to blog